“He who has health has hope.
He who has hope has everything.”
– Thomas Carlyle
We invite you to engage with us and invest in our community of hope-givers.
VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME AND SKILLS
Whether you have one morning or many days to give, are looking for an employee or faith based group project, want to run a wellness workshop, host a coffee or cocktail reception, or would be interested in serving on a committee or joining our Board, we’d like to hear from you.
Please complete and return our volunteer application to explore opportunities to be of service.
Volunteer Application (PDF)
MAKE A FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION
We depend on your financial support to fund programs and services that expand the scope of our patient and community wellness services.
Here are just a few of the ways donations directly benefit NCHC patients and the public.
- Childhood Obesity Prevention (everything from meausuring cups and spoons to prenatal and pediatric nutritionist to faciliated exercise and plans for individuals and groups - all to put and keep our pediatric patients and their families on a healthy path)
- provide a patient with tools to self–manage her chronic diabetes or asthma
- offer free pre-natal classes and new baby essentials for new expecting parents
- decrease non-emergency use of the emergency department--reduce costs, and improve health outcomes for a WeCare homeless patient
- put NCHC physician-prescribed medications and devices within reach for uncovered patients
- purchase books for our reading within reach pediatric program
- underwrite blood pressure, vision and mammogram screenings
- host a weekly on-site Farmers Market and give underserved families access to fresh produce and dietician-led healthy cooking demos
MAKE AN IN-KIND DONATION of GOODS or SERVICES
Another valuable way of supporting NCHC is through the in-kind donation of goods and services. See our current WISH LIST below and check back for updates or contact us with questions on donating needed goods or services.
Wish List Items
Winter Stay Warm Care Packages for our Medical Mobile Unit patients
Winter Socks - Hand warmers/Foot Warmers - Tea packets - Hot cocoa packets
Winter Hats - Winter Gloves - Wet ones wipes - Travel size tissues - Chapstick -Scarves
Cup of noodles soup - Travel size Purel or hand sanitizer - Feminine Wipes - Feminine hygiene products
Summer Stay Cool Survival/ Kits for our Medical Mobile Unit patients
Toothpaste, Toothbrush - Deodorant - Baby wipes - Wet Ones packs - Feminine Wipes - Feminine hygiene products
Travel Size:Body wash - Sunscreen - Sunburn ointment - Bug Spray - Small pocket First Aid Kits
Socks - Summer Hats to block sun male and female - Dry shampoo - Cooling Towels -Small Wash Cloths
Granola bars, protein bars, trail mix
New Baby" and "New Parents" Shower Baskets and items
Hand held breast pumps
Thermometers, What to Expect in the First Year books, Nasal Aspirators, First aid kits, Diaper bags
Pampers or other disposable diapers – all sizes
Wall mounted dental x-ray machineYoga mats, blocks, and straps for a new yoga class for patients
Wheelchair - new or gently used
A second NCHC location (approx. 19,000 sq. ft.) on a bus line, to join our current home at 120 Connecticut Ave. and meet a growing need for our healthcare and expanding wellness services.
In-kind donation form (PDF)