Contact Jane Graham at 203-899-1770 x8000 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Position(s): 5
- Director, Quality Development and Improvement
- Practice Manager
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Full-time
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Part-time
Job Title: DIRECTOR, QUALITY DEVELOPMENT & IMPROVEMENT
Chief Medical Officer (primary) & Chief Executive Officer
Doug Olson, MD
Responsible for identifying, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating clinical quality and system wide process improvement. Collects and analyzes data and assists with performance audits to identify improvement opportunities. Recommends action plans to address quality concerns.
- Leads the continuous process improvement efforts utilizing the appropriate process improvement model Coordinates and provide support for process improvement activities.
- Coordinates PDSA cycle efforts for the organization including collecting and analyzing data, summarizing results and presenting significant findings to Performance Improvement Committee.
- Consults and reports to practitioners, administration and the Performance Improvement Committee on quality, performance improvement, and planned care model activities and goals.
- Coordinates and tracks chart audits to review clinical activities and documentation of all clinic staff
- Analyzes data collected through patient satisfaction surveys to identify areas of concern and provides recommendations for improvement to appropriate clinic management and staff. Presents significant findings, action plans, and results to Performance Improvement Committee.
- Works with CMO and COO to monitor clinic activity related to quality assurance and address concerns.
- Develops and facilitates training related to quality, the planned care model, and process and performance improvement for employees as necessary.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to quality improvement.
- Presents to staff and at national meetings about care model progress and changes as requested.
- Acts as to external community, including attending meetings, conference calls, etc. to maintain awareness of current issues and educates staff and administration.
- Attends meetings including designated Board meetings, management, collaborative, and performance improvement meetings; attends external meetings, groups or events as appropriate to the scope of the position and/or as assigned by management.
- Coordinate Patient Centered Medical process improvements with clinical and operations staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse (RN). BSN or MSN preferred.
- Experience with quality improvement methodologies (i.e. Lean, six Sigma).
- Ability to complete projects on time with minimal supervision.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present to large groups.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clinical and administrative personnel.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel; basic knowledge of Access & PowerPoint or similar applications.
- Ability to produce, interpret, and monitor data for decision-making.
Job Title: PRACTICE MANAGER
The Practice Manager is responsible for directing, supervising and coordinating the overall operations of the health Center. Consults with and advises the Director of Operations and other center leaders on problems relating to the operation of health center. Recommends changes in administrative policies to carry out the objectives of center more effectively. Provides direct leadership for the Call Center and Front Office functions.
- Manages call center and front office operations to maximize patient satisfaction, patient access, maintenance of medical records, verification of benefits, collection of payments and customer service efforts
- Responsible for select and evaluation of call center and front desk staff
- Works with providers and clinical leadership to ensure adequate scheduling templates are maintained to ensure proper coverage of patient appointments and out-of-office calls
- Works with Director of Operations to develop and implement performance goals and objectives
- Assists Director of Operations with implementation and development of long-range plans
- Monitors time tracking system for assigned associates
- Ensures and maintains environment to comply with regulatory, licensure, compliance and accreditation requirements
- Serves as the first point of contact for patient and external customer complaints Responsible to reconcile and investigate all complaints relating to practice operations
- Acts as the liaison between the clinical and operations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Two (2) plus years’ management experience in an ambulatory physician practice
- Bachelor’s degree in health or business administration, public health, nursing or other closely related discipline preferred
- CHC/ FQHC experience preferred
- Front Office Team Leader
- Front Office Receptionist (4)
- Call Center Operator (4)
Job Title: MEDICAL BILLING SPECIALIST
Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for handling all types of insurance claims, including private, Medicare and Medicaid. They are responsible for both patient and insurance collections and making sure claims are processed in a timely manner so that the organization gets properly reimbursed for services provided. This includes working on follow-ups, denials and refunds.
- Patient demographics and insurance verifications are confirmed
- Charge entry: All visits are checked for retrievable/appropriate ICD-9 and CPT codes, according to insurance guidelines.
- Approved visits are batched and sent electronically to the insurance company via clearinghouse. Paper claims might be processed for secondary insurances.
- Insurance Electronic Claim Submission and Response Reports are processed at least twice weekly.
- Insurance Denials, follow-ups, EDI file rejections, adjustments and aging
- Insurance Check postings
- Unapplied Credit/Refund requests for both patient and insurances
- Collections/bad debt for both patients/insurances
- Assist patients with billing questions, payments, etc. as needed via phone or in person
- Call insurance companies as needed to check on claims and patient eligibility
- Notify manager of any unresolved issues on real-time
- Help manager with assignments as needed
- Assist with coverage at Front Reception and Call Center as needed.
- Minimum of high school graduate or equivalent required
- At least 5 years of medical office experience in a FQHC setting.
- CPT/ICD-9 coding and insurance verification required
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid FQHC billing a plus
- Insurance/Patient Collections required
- Excellent customer service skills (internal and external) is a must.
- Knowledge of Centricity preferred
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to prioritize tasks
- Must be able to meet monthly deadlines
- Must be able to work in a team setting.
Job Title: FULL-TIME FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER
A board-certified FNP is sought to work as part of an integrated medical team to provide care to patients at the Norwalk Community Health Center, Norwalk’s largest Federally-Qualified Health Center. With an active patient population of over 16,000 individuals, the health center provides integrated, coordinated care to patients of all ages, from acute visit care to the long-term management of complex chronic diseases. The FNP will work throughout the health center to care for his/her patient panel, performing at the top of his/her license and across the age continuum. We provide care in pediatrics, internal medicine, subspecialty care, obstetrics/gynecology, mental health, and as part of our mobile Health on Wheels outreach to Norwalk’s public housing units and homeless shelters. Opportunities for professional development, collaboration and teaching are abundant, if so desired. An NCQA-certified PCMH, we have a fully functional EMR and collaborate with Norwalk Hospital for labs, tests, procedures and specialty care and inpatient care. This position has call averaging one week every 3 months with back-up and does not involve inpatient care.
Job Title: PART-TIME FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER
An experienced adult or family practice nurse practitioner is sought to work as part of an integrated medical team to provide care to patients at the Norwalk Community Health Center (NCHC), Norwalk’s largest Federally-Qualified Health Center. This is a part-time (4-12 hour/week) position that will include a shift from 8am-12 noon on Saturday. With an active patient population of over 16,000 individuals, the health center provides integrated, coordinated care to patients of all ages, from acute visit care to the long-term management of complex chronic diseases. The NP will see acute care/urgent care patients during their clinical sessions. NCHC has had a fully functional EMR for over 4 years and collaborates with Norwalk Hospital for labs, tests, procedures and specialty care and inpatient care. The position does not involve call coverage for the practice nor inpatient care. Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.