Contact Beth Agen at 203-899-1770 x8004 or via email at email@example.com
Open Position(s): 5
Job Title: FULL-TIME FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER
A board-certified FNP is sought to work as part of an integrated medical team to provide care to patients at the Norwalk Community Health Center, Norwalk’s largest Federally-Qualified Health Center. With an active patient population of over 16,000 individuals, the health center provides integrated, coordinated care to patients of all ages, from acute visit care to the long-term management of complex chronic diseases. The FNP will work throughout the health center to care for his/her patient panel, performing at the top of his/her license and across the age continuum. We provide care in pediatrics, internal medicine, subspecialty care, obstetrics/gynecology, mental health, and as part of our mobile Health on Wheels outreach to Norwalk’s public housing units and homeless shelters. Opportunities for professional development, collaboration and teaching are abundant, if so desired. An NCQA-certified PCMH, we have a fully functional EMR and collaborate with Norwalk Hospital for labs, tests, procedures and specialty care and inpatient care. This position has call averaging one week every 3 months with back-up and does not involve inpatient care.
Job Title: LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN)
The Licensed Practical Nurse is a professional member of the healthcare team who provides skilled nursing care to patients in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act in the State of Connecticut. Responsibilities include collection of data, administration of medications and treatments, and documentation of care provided.
Education• Completion of practical nursing training from an accredited school
• Valid State of Connecticut Practical Nursing License
• Valid CPR certificate
• Phlebotomy certification a plus
• Minimum one year of practical nursing experience 3 or more preferred
• Demonstrated success in managing difficult customer situations
• Significant knowledge of medical practices and procedures in a primary care environment
• Demonstrated success and experience with direct patient services and the proper knowledge and use of medical devices and equipment
Job Title: INFORMATION SYSTEMS PROFESSIONAL - CENTRICITY
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, this position is responsible for facilitating the monitoring, analyzing and providing technical and functional support for all business applications utilized by the center.
Norwalk Community Health Center seeks IT professional with healthcare experience to manage practice network, PM/EMR (GE Centricity) systems, phone systems, and peripherals, and serve as technical support/trainer for physicians and staff.
· Knowledge of business applications, including GE Centricity.
· Proven experience working with multiple stakeholders in a problem-solving environment.
· Strong knowledge of information systems/healthcare concepts and terminology.
· Proven ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact, while maintaining confidentiality.
· Proven ability to communicate effectively, to speak in front of groups and to communicate in writing or verbally.
· Requires good interpersonal skills, ability to function in a fast-paced, short deadline environment, and the ability to come up with
innovative cost-effective decisions.
· Ability to work in a collaborative manner with technical and non-technical personnel is essential.
Ability to understand, install, maintain and troubleshoot system integrations.